Sunday, May 29, 2005

Letting Go

I announce today the end of my quest to find the East Star. I am sad to report that the quest did not end successfully. My last best hope was Sirius, but when I also found it on my lists of candidates for the Up Star and the West Star it was painfully clear that there is something wrong with my whole approach. This means it is back to square one for my attempt to duplicate the accomplishments of the Polynesian explorers. Since I have a good handle on the North Star I am currently working on a coordinate system that is entirely comprised of the directions "north" and "not north". While this strategy has not proved useful in getting to exactly to where I want to be, I usually eventually find my way to a bar. I think the system shows promise. Further experiments are planned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home